A new painting series is coming: The Seven Deadly Sins (of Space)
Hi everyone! Today I wanted to talk about a project that I have been working on for quite some time and that I´m really excited to finally be able to show you.
It is a series of seven paintings based on the Seven Deadly Sins (also known as the Capital Sins).
They are my personal interpretation of the classic deadly sins of Wrath, Envy, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, and Gluttony combined with another of my great passions: space exploration.
The project is a direct continuation of my Space Horseman of the Apocalypse that I did in 2015 although with a looser painting style that reflects my evolution as an artist.
What are the Seven Deadly Sins?
In case you are not familiar with them the Seven deadly sins or seven cardinal sins, in Roman Catholic theology, the seven vices that spur other sins and further immoral behavior.
- Wrath means having uncontrolled feelings of anger, rage, and hatred.
- Envy is s characterized by an insatiable desire to possess.
- Greed is applied to an artificial, rapacious desire and pursuit of material possessions.
- Sloth is a failure to do things that one should do.
- Pride the putting of one’s own desires before the welfare of other people.
- Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.
- Gluttony is the overconsumption of anything to the point of waste.
About the paintings
The paintings of the Seven Deadly Sins (of Space) will show a series of eerie astronauts painted in monochromatic tones on a solid black background together with a series of small elements in a contrasting color.
The mysterious and sinister figures advance from the background, representing each of the sins with their bodily attitude and the objects that are carrying or manipulating.
All the paintings have with painted with a combination of oils and acrylics on a 60x90cm canvas.
If you want to know more details about how the project was developed, I invite you to read this blog post.
A sin will be revealed each week
Starting next February 14th (Happy Valentine´s to everyone!), a new painting of the series will be revealed each week starting with The Sin of Wrath.
Once all the Seven Deadly Sins have been revealed on March 28th they will be on sale in the store in the following formats.
• Original oil paintings (19,5×24″)
• Screen Art Prints (8×10/12×16″)
• Deluxe Giclee Art Print limited edition. (12×16″)
Don´t miss a thing
If you want to be notified when they are available for purchase you can subscribe to my newsletter and you will have the chance to purchase them first and have access to special offers.
See you really soon,